• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove these 3 things from my workspace?

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to CC (coming from years of using CS3). I don't need these 3 functions circled in red, which are always there.
Please can someone help me to remove and disable them from appearing?
Very grateful for any help. Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-08-28 at 14.31.52.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Actually, the two adornments on the frame itself can be hidden under View > Extras >  Live Corners and Anchored Object Control I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are integral to frames and have been for quite a few revisions. There's no way to turn them off, but then, there are many such controls in layout view. You can switch to Preview mode and turn most of them off except for selected objects.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the two adornments on the frame itself can be hidden under View > Extras >  Live Corners and Anchored Object Control I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.

"Too many menus, my dear Mozart." 😛

However, I would argue that turning off controls is a very poor idea. I've seen too many posts (over time) by users frantically trying to find such controls noted in tutorials and help. It's not a completely clean interface in layout mode; take it as it comes unless you really know what you're doing. And a jump of some fifteen years demands a little learning/adaptation by users who want to make the most of, well, 15 years of enhanced features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of find all those adornments annoying, myself, but I suppose if you get used to them it can speed up some workflows. Users did ask for them, after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know about the thing in the bottom right? I cannot seem to get rid of it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never paid it any mind until you highlighted it. It seems to add a second window into the same document, essentially a shortcut for Window > Arrange > New window for [document name], except it only toggles back and forth between one and two windows where the menu lets you make as many as you want. That actually seems useful and takes up almost no space in the UI so to my mind is not so annoying, and as far as I can tell you're stuck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(OP)... are you using ID on a small screen where these elements are disproportionately large? Because while I, er, fumbled the point that the two frame points were actually controllable, I don't recall ever noticing this last nit on the status bar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@TypoMan23 said: "Do you know about the thing in the bottom right? I cannot seem to get rid of it..."

The bottom right one on the layout frame to split the layout frame? That cannot be removed, I think.

Even if you disable the menu command for that function.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines