• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Type Text Without the Wrong Glyphs in InDesign?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Can I Type Text Without the Wrong Glyphs in InDesign? I'm using Adobe's Cy font, but when typing, this font automatically uses 'random' glyphs. That's not what I want. It is a lot of work to have to adjust every character every time. Is this what can be fixed?

I've also read a bit about Glyphs settings from Adobe, but I'm not really getting any wiser from this.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Johan - vdS creatie
TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the OpenType options in your paragraph or character styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob, I've tried something in the OpenType Options > Stylistic Sets and see that several styles already appear. We'll also take a closer look at how it works. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there are Contextual Alternates. These can be turned off in the OpenType Options as Bob suggests, but didn't detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines