• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How could i create a custom numbered list from page to page?

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I want to keep my page numbering without altering it in section so there is a "master" page numbering through out my document. But i would like to have an option in my page title to be followed with a number automatically. 

Ex on page 5 of my document, the title would be: TEST #1. Then page 2, it would show as TEST#2. and so on. But without altering the page number, so i could still put page 5 on the lower third of TEST #1 page, and page 6 on Test #2 page, and so on.  Similar to how a page marker works for page numbering and section, but for custom lists and numbering. Any clue? Thanks!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea waht you are doing. Can you show us a mock-up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry i am not clear. I want to have a title show up on each page; with a numbering marker apart from the page number or section marker. EX:

Page 1: Introduction

Page 2: Table of content

**Below is where i need the feature to start numbering in the page title.**

Page 3: Case study #1 (the number shows up in the title).

Page 4: Case Study #2

Page 5: Case Study #3

And so on everytime i create a new page in that section, a new number will follow the count from the previous page. So if I end up with 30+ pages in my Case Studies section, and have to delete one, then another one, then add one in between, etc. I don't have to change the titles individually each time. Same as how page number markers work. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 4.02.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines