• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I adjust the margin after adjusting the paper size with the page tool?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I modified the margins in the document setup, but after adjusting the size with the page tool, it is not applied even if I edit the margins in the same place. So, where can I edit the margin after using the page tool?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Command/Control-Click to select the pages you want to change in the Pages panel, then use Layout>Margins and Columns to alter the selected page’s margins:

Screen Shot 10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via Layout -> Margins and columns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you can't change the margins on a page after using the page tool. You can apply a master page to the changed page, but that will revert back to the original size and margins. A possible work-around is to create a new InDesign document at the desired size and margin size, and place that into the target page of your InDesign file. Not ideal, but it could be helpful if you have a lot of odd size pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command/Control-Click to select the pages you want to change in the Pages panel, then use Layout>Margins and Columns to alter the selected page’s margins:

Screen Shot 10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also consider making a new parent/master page to the new size and margins. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just solved it! Bless you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines