• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change which page is 'page 1' in automatic numbering?

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I received an Indesign document with the first page of Chapter One as page 1, and the preceding pages roman numerals. I like this, but I want to make the current page 1 instead be viii (as it's a picture, and I want it on the left when printed as a book), and have the next page with the first text of Chapter One (currently page 2) start as page 1. How do I do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Have you tried using the Numbering and Page Section options as seen here? Highlight the page where you want the numbering to change and apply from that point onward.

sample2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just simply provide me with your project and I'll have a look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did read that, and i didn't see it addressed, or if it was i didn't understand it, but it's fixed now, using the Numbering and Section Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Numbering and Page Section options as seen here? Highlight the page where you want the numbering to change and apply from that point onward.

sample2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, that worked. I didn't understand what I was doing the first time, and still don't, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines