• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get In Design tools back to its default setting?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason everytime I use the frame tool it defaults to putting a text wrap on it. How do I get that tool to default back to no text wrap

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Try opening the Text Wrap Panel (Window>Text Wrap) with no documents open and choosing the "No text wrap" icon in the upper left corner of the panel. Then quit the program and when you relaunch InDesign it should become the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the Text Wrap Panel (Window>Text Wrap) with no documents open and choosing the "No text wrap" icon in the upper left corner of the panel. Then quit the program and when you relaunch InDesign it should become the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to Bill's reply, you can also reset the defaults for individual files by making sure no items are selected (Shift-Command/Ctrl-A), then select the no text wrap icon. Now, in that file there will be no text wrap on newly created objects. Sometimes the defaults get hung up in documents. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines