Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get text to wrap correctly?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.
I have this image that I created in photoshop (it's transparent) and I'm trying to import it into my InDesign document without this obnoxious box frame. I have the text set to wrap around it, but the frame itself with the handles will not allow it to wrap around the actual image. Does anyone know how to either add more handles (or whatever they're called) or get them to match the actual image? I want the text to follow the image of the Minnesota outline, not the box frame that was created when I imported it, if that makes sense. Arrow to help visualize.
Screenshot 2023-02-13 180258.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RobertTkaczyk_0-1676334013581.png

You need to create a Path in the Photoshop - then select it in the InDesign - Object / Clipping Path / Options:

RobertTkaczyk_1-1676334080982.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nathalie5DE7:

Send it to the back and set up Text Wrap in InDesign as follows:

2023-02-13_17-27-33.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the image frame and turn wrap off, only the image path should work for wrap.

You can also use the Photoshop path as cutting path and turn it into the image frame (right mouse click), then you can wrap the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines