• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Know If I'm Running the M1 Version of InDesign?

Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to an M1 Mac mini running macOS Monterey. How do I know if the version of InDesign I'm using is the M1 version? If I click on the app and "Get Info" it says it's a Universal application. Does that mean M1?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install your program to the latest version available for you from the CC application and you will get what fits best for your processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just got a new M1 Mac mini and upgraded to macOS Monterey. I used my Time Machine backup to migrate my old data to the new Mac mini. So do I need to uninstall and reinstall InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never use Time Machine to install any Adobe Program. Due to hinder the installation of illegal copy there are some files which would cause problems in the error free use even if it is the same processor. This causes massive problems. If you have done so, delete and uninstall everything from Adobe and install it again from Adobe Installers. In the case of the CC you have to do it with the CC application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sure is a new one on me! I've been using InDesign since version 1 and have upgraded machines and OSes for years, always using Time Machine to restore all my programs. I'll give it a try, though (once I'm done with the half dozen or so projects I'm working on right now that are due ASAP, of course!).

Thanks for the advice, Willi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines