• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I print a DVD Cover design as an A3 showing the crop marks? (On Indesign)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to produce the DVD Cover I've designed on a white background. The printers have asked if I can "place the PDF with cut marks etc within an A4 or A3 white background". I'm using InDeisgn.

Can anyone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if your printer can supply you with a template for the DVD cover, or a similar printed copy, so you can copy the dimensions.

If not, create an InDesign document with Print as the intent select, depending on the size of your design, A4 or A3 landscape.

Create your DVD design in the middle of the A4/A3 space, Place any Photoshop images in the InDesign doc (make sure the images are in RGB color mode) and in the InDesign document add the text, coloured backgounds etc and allow for Bleed and (if you haven’t been given a spec by your printer) select the InDesign PDF preset, PDF/X-4 and in the subsequent PDF dialogue box, tick crop marks and Use Document Bleed Settings and single page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines