• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I tell spell-check to ignore "D&D"?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a GREP Style (or another method, Scripting?) that would keep spell-check from thinking "D&D" is a repeated word that needs to be fixed? I don't want to turn off spellchecking for repeated words and it won't let me add it to my User Dictionary or Ignore All, I assume because of the "&." This abbreviation is used a lot in my work and I haven't been able to figure out a way to not have it flagged. Any suggestions welcome, thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Create a character style whose the only attribute is “no langage” and apply it with a grep style to the D & D character string. Since InDesign does not check the text whose langage is set to “no langage”, it will not be flagged as misspelled text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a character style whose the only attribute is “no langage” and apply it with a grep style to the D & D character string. Since InDesign does not check the text whose langage is set to “no langage”, it will not be flagged as misspelled text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I was hovering all around that and couldn't get it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines