• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I totally exclude an object from blending modes in InDesign?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I have just set my paper color to my page background color, then I realized that the [paper] color is not printing, but it did not interfer with my blending modes.

And later when I created a rectangle to cover the whole page, and I set it to my background color, now it interfers with my blending modes.

Is it possible to make the [paper] color to print?

If not, how do I totally exclude my page color rectangle from my blending modes?

Setting the rectangle to "isolate blending" did not help.

My page color rectamgle also causes jagged text.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Ah here is the solution:

Blend colors in InDesign (adobe.com)

This one was a bit tricky because first you have to apply the blending modes to each object to wan to, then group those objects that you want to isolate, and then isolate.

Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the frame that had its blending affected by the background color frame of the page, I clicked on Clear Overrides in its object styles menu, and the issue is now solved, no more blending interference.

I wonder now if my background color rectangle for that page will still be printing?

How do I verify that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, clear overrides removed the background color of my bg color frame (the frame that is supposed to give a background color to my page). So it's not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Illustrator, but the Isolate Blending should work in the same way in InDesign, but it doesn't.

If you have a dark or black background (an object) behind the elements that you want to blend, they will also blend with the black backround, even if Isolate Blending is activated.

Does this work the same way for other too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paper color means no ink. It never prints and cannot be made to print.

Tyhe purpose for being able to change the color of the swatch is to allow you to more easily visualize projects being printed on colored stock, but it isn't rerribly accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah here is the solution:

Blend colors in InDesign (adobe.com)

This one was a bit tricky because first you have to apply the blending modes to each object to wan to, then group those objects that you want to isolate, and then isolate.

Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines