• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you install IDtoPSV6 or is it even possible?

Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Is it possible to save out layers to a PSD from InDesign?

I saw a script that people used called IDtoPSV6  however, that was a long time ago. I am not sure where you are meant to put the files. And I am not sure if it will even work. In the new version of Indesign 2020.

It would be really useful if you were able to export as, just like you can in Illustrator, without having to export every layer individually. 

Thank you again

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @amro227063313rv8 , I just realized that you are getting the same error as @Chi T  reported above. I’ve been assuming the default OS folders that ExtendScript can get at are always available. When I get a chance I’ll try building in an fallback folder for saving the layers and post a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uploaded a new version that checks if the export folder was created, and if not falls back to creating a folder in your document’s parent directory. The document has to have a file path for that to work. so save your file before running. ExportLayersToPSv5.jsx

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/11873033-f682-4425-68bd-239afeda1e0f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

it did not work. It did work with the older versions a few years ago. Thank you. I have found another script that is similar and work just like yours did. Thank again.
https://corullon.com.br/scripts/?s=InDesign+layers+to+Photoshop+PRO

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 09.38.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines