• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you load multiple of the same image from the CC libraries panel onto your cursor?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you load 30 instances of the same graphic from CC libraries onto your cursor so that you can replace images that are already in the document? I can do this manually for each one by dragging from the library and then hitting option + click on the graphic I want to replace. However, I'd like to load multiple instances of the same image so that I can quickly go through and replace images without having to drag and drop for each one. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

I've worked with placing images from CC libararies in InDesign for a long time.

I don't think there's a way of loading multiple instances of the same graphic so you can replace multiple images in a document. 

However, I think you could (1) place one instance in your document from the CC Library, and then (2) use the Content Collector tool to select it and put it on the Conveyer, and choose the Content Placer tool. One option for the Content Placer tool is "Place Multiple and Keep in Conveyor"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with placing images from CC libararies in InDesign for a long time.

I don't think there's a way of loading multiple instances of the same graphic so you can replace multiple images in a document. 

However, I think you could (1) place one instance in your document from the CC Library, and then (2) use the Content Collector tool to select it and put it on the Conveyer, and choose the Content Placer tool. One option for the Content Placer tool is "Place Multiple and Keep in Conveyor" (selected at the right). You could then use the graphic to multiple replace other graphics by Option-clicking them.

If you're unfamiliar with the Content Collector tools, read this Help file:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/linked-content.html

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 10.57.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Steve. This was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines