• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you make a document's Preview Background Match to Theme Color with a script in InDesign 18.0?

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before a recent update, InDesign documents would just listen to my default preference for Preview Backgrounds to Match to Theme Color, under Preferences > Guides & Pasteboard. I can set that preference, but it doesn't do anything.

This thread recommends using app.generalPreferences.pasteboardColorPreference, but that doesn't do anything (as expected, since it doesn't seem to target an actual document; my application is already using that setting). https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-disable-the-match-pasteboard-to-theme-col...

How can I use a script to set documents to use Match to Theme Color?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Ah! I see. How about this:

doc.pasteboardPreferences.matchPreviewBackgroundToThemeColor = 1;

- Mark 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gdwd, I just tried the answer from the post you linked and it worked for me.

app.generalPreferences.pasteboardColorPreference = 1;

If that doesn't work for you, it might be helpful to post your Indesign version and OS.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It "works" in that it changes my application's setting, but it doesn't work in that it doesn't change my document's setting.

Using InDesign 18.0 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! I see. How about this:

doc.pasteboardPreferences.matchPreviewBackgroundToThemeColor = 1;

- Mark 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines