• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you set up a text box on the master page that keeps the styles when used in the main document

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to set up a Masterpage based on another template i have found (but is corrupt). In the old template, on the Masterpage, it has a text box with two different paragraph styles. Some of the text is light and some in bold and some words are in Uppercase. When i use these master pages in the document, if i override the text it still keeps its formatting even if im in lower case, i.e. it stays bold or it stays in upper case. I want to recreate this in a new document but it isnt working. 

When i try and add a text box in the Masterpage with the same styles and go to use it in the document, the styles dont automatically stay the same. I cant find how to make this work anywhere, would appreciate some advice.

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually created and applied paragraph or charcter styles to text on the master page, or just applied local formatting to make the text appear the way you want it?

My guess is that you need to define and apply your styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply. I have just set up paragraph styles for each word but when i go to apply the master page in the document, i am still able to change the UPPERCASE words to lower case. Whereas in the other document it didnt matter if i was in UPPER  or LOWER, it the formatting of the word would still stay the same.

Is there anything else im missing?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines