• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does InDesign select what an unrecognized font will default to?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, an oddball one: I've opened a file in InDesign that was previously done on another computer. However, I don't have all the fonts installed that were initially used in it, so some text has defaulted. What I want to know, though, is what it has defaulted TO, because it actually looks kind of nice, minus the pink background behind it. It's not Minion, either, which is what my freshly-opened text boxes default to.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign uses Myriad Pro as the substitution font for unopened text. Unlike the default font for an empty text frame which you can change—with no document open go through Type>Font>(Choose a font) then open a new document and the chosen font will become the new default—as far as I've ever been able to find out, you can't change the substitution font from Myriad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines