• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long to get a response from idfile@adobe.com?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject says, how long until I get a human response from the email "idfile@adobe.com"? I sent an email today with a file attached to it, as I had issues just trying to open it.

The file I sent is a school project that's due by the end of the semester. It was able to open just find the past few weeks working on it, but today it just refused to open. Both the main copy and the back up copy refused to open, and I didn't know why. I'm hoping that by sending the file to the Adobe team, they'll be able to figure out why it won't open.

I guess in the end, I'm just anxious on getting the file back as soon as possible so I can get back to working on my project without having to start over from scratch.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

There is no specified time on when they would revert with an update. The latest version of InDesign do come with a document recovery service and prompts to repair the document automatically if it finds a corrupt document while opening. So the question for you is that are you using the latest version of InDesign or not? If not try that once and see if you get the popup during document open and submit the document if you do get it.

If time is of the essence and you won't mind a paid solution, try

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no specified time on when they would revert with an update. The latest version of InDesign do come with a document recovery service and prompts to repair the document automatically if it finds a corrupt document while opening. So the question for you is that are you using the latest version of InDesign or not? If not try that once and see if you get the popup during document open and submit the document if you do get it.

If time is of the essence and you won't mind a paid solution, try the following
https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information. As soon as I'm able to get back to campus, I'll look into this document recovery service to see if it'll help bring my file back to working condition (and while I do not currently have an up to date version of InDesign on my home pc, the computers at my campus are up to date).

Again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines