Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to add a horizontal line

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Devs,

I have a document with some content, i need to add simple horizontal line on that using scripting. I am using adobe indesign 15.1

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @John_devs can you be more specific? Do you need to underline text? To add a line above the text? Below? On each page? A screenshot might help to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, @jmlevy  i need to add a line above the text[in my scenario i have heading] and also each page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://creativepro.com/indesign-how-using-paragraph-rules/

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need script for horizontal line above the text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@John_devs, no one can help unless you explain your needs in good detail and very specifically. I strongly suggest you set up a sample .indd and post it, that shows what you want the script to do. - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines