• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to automatically create hyperlinks from qr code web hyperlinks for a interactive pdf

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We're creating a catalog with close to 800 pages. All design is finished and i'm asked to make it interactive. The problem is if i manually need to add hyperlinks to the qr codes it will be to time consuming. So i'm hoping somebody knows how i can automatically copy the qr code web hyperlink to the hyperlinks panel. I want to directly go to the destinated webpage on click (interactive pdf).

I hope somebody can help me, thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Joeri

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

I can't think of a quick way to do this out of the box with InDesign.

It might be possible to script it - but I have no idea really.

Perhaps one of the resident super-scripters can help you out if they see the post. 

Or else you can start a new discussion requesting a script - and tag it as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

This sounds like a big job. I don't think you can rely on an Interactive PDF for this purpose – there are too many PDF readers and devices around, from PCs and Macs to tablets and smart phones to make it a reliable format. I suggest you have a look at in5 – it produces HTML5 documents from InDesign and it would be IMO the professional way of producing your 800 page catalog. 

https://ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't think of a quick way to do this out of the box with InDesign.

It might be possible to script it - but I have no idea really.

Perhaps one of the resident super-scripters can help you out if they see the post. 

Or else you can start a new discussion requesting a script - and tag it as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like a big job. I don't think you can rely on an Interactive PDF for this purpose – there are too many PDF readers and devices around, from PCs and Macs to tablets and smart phones to make it a reliable format. I suggest you have a look at in5 – it produces HTML5 documents from InDesign and it would be IMO the professional way of producing your 800 page catalog. 

https://ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines