Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to automatically update published InDesign portfolio

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I was under the impression that if you make updates to the existing InDesign portfolio file then your published link would also update and adopt the changes. Do you have to republish it each time you make a change?  If a link had been emailed to someone with your portfolio, how would you be able to update your portfolio without resending a link? 

thanks so much! 

Trisha

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by an "InDesign portfolio file"? I've taught InDesign since 1.0, and there is no feature called an InDesign portfolio. Could you please provide a picture of what you're calling an InDesign portfolio, please. How do you create it? Do you mean a Publish Online document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is indeed a Publish Online project then yes, you must update it if you want the changes to be viewed on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I made changes to my indesign document and then did Share --> update existing document and published.  I had sent a link to my family from the previous version and when I click on that same link, it doesnt show the updated portfolio. I thought it was supposed to update so that you dont have to resend links. Can you please help? 

The same would go for having a link on Instagram to this file which is my portfolio. The link doesnt show the updated changes. 

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you sharing? There are multiple choices here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sharing a document from InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do Share > Share for Review?

To share changes in the document did you click the Update Link button? Those who you've share the file with should be able to see the changes when they refresh their screen. You don't need to send a new link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find that option?  When I click "Share" in the top right corner in InDesign, I think select publish online and on the General tab I select "update existing document". I dont see an option for update link button. Can you provide me a screen shot please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're still trying to figure out whether you've created a Publish Online document or you're doing Share for Review. My last answer is the option for Share for Review.

If you've done Publish Online, you choose File > Publish Online and check Update Existing Document:

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 12.02.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines