Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change CMYK to RGB

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have InDesign document and when I go to Window -> Color -> Color, it shows that I have CMYK color. I need to change document color to RGB. I will bring images to this document, they will be Adobe RGB (1998) and whole document should be that too, not CMYK what it is now. 

How can I change whole document to Adobe RGB (1998)?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window>Color>Color opens the Color Panel which is a color picker for setting fills and strokes—its flyout menu lets you choose the color’s space.

As we mentioned in your other posts there is no document color space with InDesign. You could only create and use RGB colors and place RGB images. If you are setting black text in a document that will be printed via offset, you will want the fill to be black only CMYK 0|0|0|100—RGB black will convert to 4-color CMYK at output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I will use my document for print and digital use both. Should I make black text then CMYK still even though I will export it to RGB too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is going to print you most definitely do NOT want RGB black text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I make black text then CMYK still even though I will export it to RGB too?

What’s the printing method? If it is offset printing you would want black text to be CMYK 0|0|0|0 in the final PDF and that won’t happen if the text starts as RGB black. If the output is to an RGB driven composite device, e.g. injet, or digital copier, then RGB black would be less of a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. Thanks for answers. Then I think I will need to make 2 files, one with RGB and one with CMYK texts 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign documents do not have a singl;e color space like Photoshop or Illustrator. The have assigned profiles for both CMYK and RGB, and you can place content from any color space. When you export your file to PDF or other format you should be able to specify a color profile for conversion of any objects not in the correct space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines