• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change text direction in Arabic & Hebrew languages fonts from right-to-left (RTL) in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning I' vedownloaded the myriad hebrewto do a hebrew version of my layout.

Unfortunally I 've notisted that the text goes from link to right unstead of from right to link, although I set the language as hebrew. How can I fix this problem? thaks in advance Giuliana

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Thanks for confirming that you are using the Middle East and North African edition of InDesign. I would suggest you to try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/arabic-hebrew.html) and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get the right to left language options you'll need to install the MENA (Middle East/North Africa) version of ID.

Should be available from the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Peter, as Adbe suggested  I switched temporarly my account adobe to hebrew languages and then I've installed my ID againg and I was sercheing for MENA font in the Adobe font, but MENA doesn't exist, there is only Myriad , Adobe and Noto as hebrew language.

Unfortunally doesn't still work, this set up didn' t fix any thing, the direction of the hebrew texts are still wrong way. 

There is any body can help me? Thanks

Giuliana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Thanks for confirming that you are using the Middle East and North African edition of InDesign. I would suggest you to try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/arabic-hebrew.html) and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines