• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the writing direction through DOM/Script

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to understand the DOM, but I don't know how to do it.
Since I just want to change the writing direction of the textbox from vertical to horizontal via DOM/Script, I know it's possible to use the Indesign feature manually, but how can I do this using the DOM/Script, since I can't see it under the textbox this property? Would you mind telling me how to apply this property?

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

IDML and related formats are based on the scripting DOM, with very few additions.

For your case IDMS should be sufficient. Drag the frame to the Desktop producing snippets before and after the manual change, then diff the snippet files (simple XML).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IDML and related formats are based on the scripting DOM, with very few additions.

For your case IDMS should be sufficient. Drag the frame to the Desktop producing snippets before and after the manual change, then diff the snippet files (simple XML).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought! Thank you Dirk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines