• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a one-page template from a two-page file InDesign CS3

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign CS3 (yes, I know it's old): I currently have two-page spread files, but want to create a one-page template for new files without losing the margins, styles, etc. (Not autoflow.) Can this be done? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Changing styles for type would have no effect on the page layout. The columns and gutter settings are set per page, so may or may not be relevant (they will fit inside the established margins).

The panel menu is accessed by clicking ther little icon in the upper right corner of the Pages panel.

You might find it just as easy, or maybe even easier to set up a new document to use as a template. You can import your styles from any existing document by opening one of the styles panels (Paragraph or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question, but if you select your 2-page master and choose Master Options from the panel menu you should be able to change the number of pages for the master to 1. You will probably also want to go to Document setup and uncheck Facing Pages.

If the left and right pages have different margins, however, you will lose those applied on left pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response and pointing out about the margins. Under
Layout, I only see top/bottom/inside /outside margins, but there is
also Columns: 2 and Gutter 1.5 in as it is laid out for a booklet.

I'm so not an expert and created the template years ago and have changed
some of the styles, primarily font and leading size.

I don't remember how to access Master Options or find the Masters section
from the panel menu...and am not understanding the help menu below. It has
a link for a video on creating Masters, but I can't locate video (probably
too old). Is InDesign now called Creative Cloud?

I appreciate any help!
------------------
Create masters
Create a master from an existing page or spread
<#WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-7100>

- Drag an entire spread from the Pages section of the Pages panel to the
Masters section.
- Select a spread in the Pages panel and choose Save As Master from the
Pages panel menu.

Any objects on the original page or spread become part of the new master.
If the original page used a master, the new master is based on the original
page’s master.
Creating a new master spread based on another page or spread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing styles for type would have no effect on the page layout. The columns and gutter settings are set per page, so may or may not be relevant (they will fit inside the established margins).

The panel menu is accessed by clicking ther little icon in the upper right corner of the Pages panel.

You might find it just as easy, or maybe even easier to set up a new document to use as a template. You can import your styles from any existing document by opening one of the styles panels (Paragraph or Character), and opeing the panel menu, then choosing Load Styles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, a word of warning -- CS3 is no longer supported by Adobe. If something goes wrong with your program you will not be able to reinstall with the software you have as the Activation servers have been shut down for years. There were some CS3 versions available to download that do not require activation for registered users but I suspect they've been removed from Adobe's servers as well -- I don't see them in my searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you -- finally looked at saved InDesign file and found the "Pages" link. I changed it to 1 page spread, which should be much easier to deal with in moving around the publication.

I don't need it now, but wondering how to break it down for future online publishing, which is in page order, not side by side. Would I just need to start a new layout with an 8.5 x 5.5 layout instead of a 8/5 x 11 horizontal layout?

Thank you for your help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wouldn't let me copy the illustrations from the help listing. It shows boxes for None, A-Master and B-Master, and shows dragging a page "box" to the B-Master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines