• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a who's who that automatically reformats when I add or remove people?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was hoping for some expert help here! I am creating a 'who's who' page with a photo, name and position and a short fun fact for each person. If someone leaves or joins the group I have to manually reformat it currently - is there a way or function that I could (or recreate it in) that I could insert or remove someone and the grid would update? I hope what I'm asking makes sense!

Thanks,

Jen

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Sure.

For each person, group the photo and a caption text frame together.

Then, cut that group and paste it as an inline object into a regular text frame.

Repeat, one after the other in the text, frame, for each person.

Now you'll find that if you remove or add new people, all the photos in the grid will slide up to fill the gap or make room.

I use this technique in my "Yearbook Creator" script, and there's a video of the result here (have a look around the 5'25" minute mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVn5WBryDE&t=46s

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

For each person, group the photo and a caption text frame together.

Then, cut that group and paste it as an inline object into a regular text frame.

Repeat, one after the other in the text, frame, for each person.

Now you'll find that if you remove or add new people, all the photos in the grid will slide up to fill the gap or make room.

I use this technique in my "Yearbook Creator" script, and there's a video of the result here (have a look around the 5'25" minute mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVn5WBryDE&t=46s

I think that's the best way of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant! Thank you very much 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines