• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable "home screen" within ID 2023?

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can not find where to disable the "home screen" within the InDesign preferences. It used to be within "General," but nothing is there now. Is it located somewhere else?  Thanks. 

~Erick P. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two options should be at the top of your 2023 General Preferences:

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1672166944885.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be right there in my v18.1...

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1672167020357.png

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what it looks like for me in InDesign 2023 on my Macintosh:

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 10.49.37 AM.png

If you're not seeing the "Show Home Screen..." item, try restoring your InDesign preferences and caches using these instructions:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is where I usually find it, but it's not showing up for me. I'm on InDesign (18.1). Are you all on the same version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have InDesign 18.1. Do try to restore your preferences and caches, which is a good troubleshooting method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I reset/restored Prefs and Caches, and I'm still not seeing it. I even went as far as to delete and then reinstall the application, but that didn't solve the issue. I can't figure out how you are all seeing it, and I can't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offhand, I don't have another solution but let's see if anyone else has a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using the CC Cleaner Tool to remove all remnants of previous ID builds which may be interfering with your current preferences.

Uninstall ID and your other CC applications then run this: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and do clean reinstalls after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @erick013,

Thankyou for reaching out and trying the suggestion shared by our experts. Once you do the clean install and if you still doesn't see the option. Please share the details of your operating system and the version of InDesign.

We will try our best to investigate the issue and help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the delayed response.

I did a clean install of 18.1, which didn't work (see attached screenshot). I even install two previous versions but still nothing. My system has not changed, except for Adobe Tech support logging into it and deleting and reinstalling themselves.  I have the same computer running identical systems and apps at home, but it shows up on my home system. I'm at a loss. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines