• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable Animated Zoom in InDesign cc 2022?

Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In preferences I cannot final any GPU acceleration features.

How can I enable smooth animated zoom in this software just like in Adobe Illustrator?

please help

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Hi @Fasih K. ,

Thanks for reaching out. For macOS, please try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/gpu_performance.html and if you're on Windows, I am afraid, we don't have this option available yet so please vote for this request https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/32411425-enable-animated-scrubby-zoom 

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows version of ID don't have GPU acceleration. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you see in past GPU Acceleration was enabled under preferences in windows version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never see it this.

Here you go - https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31872184-gp...

But I don't want this. "Every 2nd" thread about Mac problems says - disable GPU acceleration. Let's that request fire in hell. My strong IMHO. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fasih K. ,

Thanks for reaching out. For macOS, please try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/gpu_performance.html and if you're on Windows, I am afraid, we don't have this option available yet so please vote for this request https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/32411425-en...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when this option will be arriving for Windows version of ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't. Adobe are too far up CrApple's arse to give a shite about PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are basing this on what research?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It won't may well be correct, but it won't be because of any relationship with Apple or Microsoft. And if you had any idea of what you're talking about you'd see that recent history has shown Adobe and Microsoft have a better relationship than they do with Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines