• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to executing JSX script through command line from another machine?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have installed the InDesign server and the JSX script placed in Windows.

Now I need to run the JSX script from another machine like Mac or Linux using SSH.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run InDesign Server to service SOAP requests and then make remote calls to the port that is servicing the SOAP requests. See the following discussion doing the same using node.js, it might give you an idea

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37206149/node-soap-client-to-connect-to-indesign-server

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IDS also comes with a command line utility called sampleclient that can send scripts for execution to an IDS instance launched to service SOAP requests. You can locate this utility in the IDS installation directory. The syntax to call the sampleclient utility is something like the following

sampleclient [-host hostID:port] [-server] scriptPath [arguments]

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Manan.

I tried calling the above command using sampleclient, it works in localhost/same machine.

If I call this command in Linux, it throws an error. Because sampleclient is not available in that machine.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never tried using it from Linux. However, in worst case you will have to write something similar from scratch. An example of it in nodejs was discussed in the link I gave you. From one of my notes I quote the following information gathered from Adobe docs.

SampleClient was written using C++, and its source code is provided in the InDesign products SDK. The InDesign Server SDK contains other sample client projects written in several languages, including C#, PHP, VB.NET, and Flex.

So you can try locate the source code of sample client and use it as the starting point to compile it for Linux.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines