• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find the Security Menu to apply the Password When Print as booklet as a PDF?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Where is the Security Menu to apply the password when print booklet as a PDF file, when create a PDF file through export as I found the Security menu, unfortunately I cannot found it when create a PDF through Print Booklet menu.

Thank you.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

In the Print Booklet dialog press the Print Settings button, then in the next dialog press the Setup button to get to the Printer selection dialog where you can choose Adobe PDF and also set printng prefences by clicking that button, incling the addition of security.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is for print, no security should be applied. Therefore this menu is missing here. You can do it in Acrobat Pro.

Why do you need print booklet? Imposing is the task of the printer, not for the designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willi,

Why do you say no security should be applied? Adding a password assures, to the extent that PDF security do so, that only authorized users are able to print the file. This is perfectly legitimate in my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would to print to the commercial printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most commercial printers would not want the pages imposed as a booklet (as already stated), nor would they want a password protected pdf, unless you also supply the password. A pdf with security to prevent editing would not work in most if not all automated prepress systems. Check with your printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Print Booklet dialog press the Print Settings button, then in the next dialog press the Setup button to get to the Printer selection dialog where you can choose Adobe PDF and also set printng prefences by clicking that button, incling the addition of security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for the advice, solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most commercial printers also will not take a password-protected PDF, as it will block their workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worth mentioning is that many third party PDF readers won't even honor the security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of your concerns about the use of PDF security are quite valid, but they don't address the OP's question. I have to presume when someone wants to add PDF security they are doing so for valid reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, Peter. That's why added my comment. In reality, there is no such thing as PDF security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear All,

The main reason to add the security is to prevent somenone edit my document when print it in commercial printing as the hardcopy brochures (digital printing), unfotunately I didn't knew if added the security also will occured in printing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines