How To Fix Export Error, "Object Export Options have not been honored"

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.

I am left with one error message when exporting my file to epub, which says, "

Custom Layout settings in Object Export Options have not been honored for group children, button states and inline objects." I suspect that this error is responsible for some of my quoted text conversions being lost. Fortunately, it's only here and there, but I'd love to correct it. See screenshots for an example of scripture reference:

Indesign:

GlobalGrowth22472567e5o6_0-1641194719613.png

Exported file:

GlobalGrowth22472567e5o6_1-1641194840029.png

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

I've seen this on EPUB and Kindle exports — applying a one-characteristic character override (usually bold, italic or a size change) will lose other characteristics. The only solution I have found to be consistent is to use CSS style control for the export and force style overrides to 'inherit' other characteristics. For example, a style KJVitalic, meant to apply italic to these quotes, might be defined as:

• span.KJVitalic {
    font-style: italic;
    font-weight: inherit;
    font-size: inherit;
    font-family: i

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I'm exporting to a reflowable Epub.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the options you select when exporting to epub?

Also, can you confirm the exact version of the software and operating system you are using?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. I'm running Indesign 2021 on Windows 10 PC. Here are the screenshots:

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any unusual differences between the examples. What am I missing? 🙂

Is it the loss of italics on the attributions?

|| Word & InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): a Professional Guide (Amazon)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you compare the font on the scripture reference Nehemiah 1:5-11 , ESV, emphasis added, you'll notice that the font is different on the exported version. It didn't retain the chosen font in the export.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this on EPUB and Kindle exports — applying a one-characteristic character override (usually bold, italic or a size change) will lose other characteristics. The only solution I have found to be consistent is to use CSS style control for the export and force style overrides to 'inherit' other characteristics. For example, a style KJVitalic, meant to apply italic to these quotes, might be defined as:

• span.KJVitalic {
    font-style: italic;
    font-weight: inherit;
    font-size: inherit;
    font-family: inherit;
    }

To force this consistency, all character styles/span overrides need to be similarly "filled out" with no assumptions allowed.

I have not found a way to force these fixes from within ID/EPUB export alone.

|| Word & InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): a Professional Guide (Amazon)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent Workaround!!!!! Thanks so much. I'll play around with that one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines