• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix "Tagged form fields - Failed"

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a form that needs to pass the accessibility check in Acrobat.

I've created a form in InDesign. The entire form has been created the same exact way. For some reason, only the top half of the form passes, but the lower half of form fields has an error that says, "Tagged form fields - Failed."

Does anyone know what the potential issue could be? And how I can fix it from InDeisgn?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure this will be helpful - maybe need a bit more info from you 

1. Check the tagging of the form fields: In InDesign, you can check the tagging of the form fields by going to the "Structure" pane in the "Tags" panel. Make sure that each form field is properly tagged with a "Form" tag and that the tag is applied to the correct content.
  2. Check the order of the form fields: In the "Structure" pane, check the order of the form fields to make sure they are in the correct reading order. The order of the fields should match the order in which they appear visually on the page.
  3. Check the tab order of the form fields: In the "Articles" panel, check the tab order of the form fields to make sure they follow a logical order. The tab order should allow users to navigate the form using the keyboard.

4. Use the "Create PDF Form" feature in InDesign: InDesign has a built-in feature that allows you to export a PDF form directly from the program. This can help ensure that the form fields are properly tagged and structured for accessibility.
  5. Check the settings in Acrobat: After exporting the PDF form from InDesign, check the accessibility settings in Acrobat to make sure they are set up correctly. You can use the "Accessibility" tool in Acrobat to check the form for any remaining accessibility issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@KerrC Did you ever get this to pass? Same issue here. If you did. I would love to know too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines