• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import 100 seperate pdf's into ID at once

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every week I have to impport 100 seperate pdf's into an InDesign document. Each pdf has to fill an entire page. It's rather easy to do with the document I prepared: I simply load all 100 pdf's at once and then click once on every single page. But... a computer should be able to automate this somehow so I shouldn't have to click a 100 times! I know about the multiple-page-pdf-import but this isn't about ONE pdf with 100 PAGES, this is about 100 SEPERATE pdf's.

Is there a trick or option I am overlooking? A script somewhere maybe? As I said, having to click on an empty page a 100 times is doable but not too much fun... 😉

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Without the script.

Copy the PDFs to a new folder.

Rename them 001 all the way up to 100.

You can do this with batch renaming in Bridge or Mac OS.

Place the PDFs now. You'll have files named 001.PDF 002.PDF

When it comes to the next issue of your project. You can simply replace the files in the folder with the new set of 001.PDF all the way up to 100.pdf

Then update the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J van E,

merge all PDF files to one PDF with Acrobat Pro.

Then use the script MultiPageImporter that will place all pages of that PDF one by one ro a different page in your document.

MultiPageImporter was originally developed by Scott Zanelli and is currently curated and updated by Mike Edel:

https://github.com/mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter/releases

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the script.

Copy the PDFs to a new folder.

Rename them 001 all the way up to 100.

You can do this with batch renaming in Bridge or Mac OS.

Place the PDFs now. You'll have files named 001.PDF 002.PDF

When it comes to the next issue of your project. You can simply replace the files in the folder with the new set of 001.PDF all the way up to 100.pdf

Then update the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this great tip! Uwe's script tip was nice too but your tip is even easier and quicker to do! Never ever thought about doing it like this! I just tested it with my 'template' document and it works like a charm. Extremely easy and very fast! (Luckily in my case it isn't a problem at all that the pdf files names are changed to numbers!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines