• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert objects into table cell insertion point?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually try to insert (group of) objects into the start of table cell texts, now I would like to automate them. This is what I usually do (manual work):

1.  Use the text tool
  2.  Click at the start of the table cell (as like inserting texts)
  3.  Paste the object(s) I after

I tried to look into the internet but there isn't anything about insertion points in table cells. Would appreciate if anyone could point out how to insert objects within table cell texts. 

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little strange at first, working with insertion points. In your other post, my script does insert an object (a group, in that case) into an insertion point of a cell. Look at the line

anchorMe.anchoredObjectSettings.insertAnchoredObject(insertionPoint);

That is where the insertion happens. Note that it is nothing special about table cells—you can use any insertionPoint. See the Text documentation. Text objects have InsertionPoints. They are the invisible points between two characters and at the beginning and end of text. If you set the "contents" property of an insertionPoint, it is equivalent to inserting the text between the character before and after the insertionPoint. Also anchoredObjects are anchored to an insertionPoint. Tables are also anchored to an insertionPoint. (Table.storyOffset will give you its InsertionPoint.)

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry was with so many things. I'll have a look at it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines