• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep the default highlighted effect ??

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am new to InDesign and I am wondering how can I keep the automatic highlighted effect when I highlight a text?

The text is originally in black (1st picture) and when I highlighted the text (see the 2nd picture) I really like how it looks like including the changes it applies to the background and the surroundings. 

I am wondering how can I keep that look or how can I replicate it?

Thanks very much! 

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 9.30.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-05 at 9.30.26 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There's no option to change the highlighted effect, what you can do is edit the text using the Story editor.

Select on the text frame, under the Edit menu select Edit in Story Editor.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 11.50.41 PM.png

In the Story Editor window select the type you want to change, right clicking will give you some options, other options like changing the color you can just select a different swatch color.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 11.51.17 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might be misunderstanding the question but to me it seems that the rectangle marking the selected text employs an operation that inverts and turns the color wheel by 180˚ (in RGB Mode), but that might not be all there is to it … 

It might be possible to approximate the effect in Photoshop for example (edit: a white Layer set to Blend Mode »Difference« might serve as a starting point), but I see no immediate option to recreate it in Indesign itself with Blend Modes and the like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines