• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make color setting similar in all Ai, Id, Ps and Adobe Bridge?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I just installed Adobe Bridge. Its Color Settings looks to bring up color settings of Id.

To make color settings consistent across Id, Ai, Ps, what should I do more in Adobe Bridge?

or

When I open Ai or Ps later, the color mode and settings of Id are sychronized automatically via Adobe Bridge?

Currently, I have only Id available.

Hosun

BrBrIdId

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Hi @Hosun , Keep in mind that Color Settings are the application’s color management preferences—the color managment profiles and policies that will get saved with newly created documents. Synchronizing the application’s Color Settings would not normally affect existing documents—for existing documents the profile assignments are edited via Edit>Assign Profiles...., which might be different than the current Color Settings’ Working Spaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Right any new documents you make will have the sRGB and US Web Coated SWOP profiles assigned.

If your primary destination is an offset web press you might consider North America Prepress, which assigns the larger gamut AdobeRGB to RGB colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

InDesign lets you mix color spaces on the same page—it doesn’t have a single document color mode the way Photoshop and Illustrator do.

When you print (or export a page to an image format) there can only be one output color space—all of the color has to be flattened into a single destination space. The Transparency Blend Space previews the page in the expected output color space—it’s a preview not a conversion.

Here I have CMYK, RGB, and Lab color fills with a transparent object on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Ai or Ps later, the color mode and settings of Id are sychronized automatically with Ai and Ps via Adobe Bridge?

Hosun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you set your color settings with Adobe Bridge, by default (unless you've overridden them in an application), it should choose those settings for InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and even Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me how to do on Color Settings dialog box?

Even "Apply button" is not activated.

Hosun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hosun , Keep in mind that Color Settings are the application’s color management preferences—the color managment profiles and policies that will get saved with newly created documents. Synchronizing the application’s Color Settings would not normally affect existing documents—for existing documents the profile assignments are edited via Edit>Assign Profiles...., which might be different than the current Color Settings’ Working Spaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand; there is nothing for me to do on Adobe Indesign, if I want to keep North America General Purpose 2.

Am I correct? 

Hosun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right any new documents you make will have the sRGB and US Web Coated SWOP profiles assigned.

If your primary destination is an offset web press you might consider North America Prepress, which assigns the larger gamut AdobeRGB to RGB colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a different question.

A few weeks ago, you told me about Id, "Transparency blend space to handle mixed color modes, when the spread has transparency."

Could you explain more about that with an example, if you don't mind?

Hosun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign lets you mix color spaces on the same page—it doesn’t have a single document color mode the way Photoshop and Illustrator do.

When you print (or export a page to an image format) there can only be one output color space—all of the color has to be flattened into a single destination space. The Transparency Blend Space previews the page in the expected output color space—it’s a preview not a conversion.

Here I have CMYK, RGB, and Lab color fills with a transparent object on the page. If the Transparency Blend Mode is set to RGB, the preview shows the expected color when the three color spaces are converted into my document’s RGB space at output or export—it is the color I would get if I exported a JPEG to document RGB. Images can only be in a single color space:

Screen Shot 10.png

If I set the blend mode to CMYK, the preview shows how the RGB and Lab fills will be converted into my document’s CMYK space—Coated GRACol 2006 is my assigned CMYK profile. You can see the orange is outside of the GRACoL CMYK gamut so its soft proof appearance changes:

Screen Shot 11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines