• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Images look clear/sharp in InDesign? Images look blurry after deleting them from system

Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with my png images being blurry all of a sudden. When I placed them in the document to begin with they were clear but now they are blurry. I've tried to mess with the display quality because that is usually how I am able to make it clear again by clicking the high quality display but for some reason it won't work anymore. I'm in desparate need of help. I don't have the images anymore because they got deleted from my computer so the only option is to get them clear again. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Okay, you don't give us a lot to go on here but when you export to PDF, are the images still blurry?

Also, there is a very detailed article on InDesign display with various image formats by ACP Eugene Tyson here that may be of help to you. https://creativepro.com/high-res-image-look-low-res

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, you don't give us a lot to go on here but when you export to PDF, are the images still blurry?

Also, there is a very detailed article on InDesign display with various image formats by ACP Eugene Tyson here that may be of help to you. https://creativepro.com/high-res-image-look-low-res

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly 6 years ago I wrote that - and I think this is the first time I've seen someone else link to it 🙂

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's evergreen, Eugene!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you don't have the images anymore then you are working with previews and without links the images will never export or display correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting any missing/modified link error messages when you open the files? Do you have missing link icons in Windows > Links?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. As Barb asked above, are you getting any linking errors when you open up the document? Also, could you please confirm if the images are embedded in the document?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, images can be linked, linked and embedded, or pasted.

A linked image that was deleted would show as Missing in the Links panel and you would not be able to retrieve the original. If the link was embedded you can unebed it, and you will have the option to resave the embedded original. If the link was pasted you might be able to get at the original depending on your OS and Clipboard Handling preference settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines