• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to make "Out of gamut" go away

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title said, how to make it go away?

I don't plan on printing the document, I DON'T care about CMYK AT ALL, and I don't want ID telling me what colour I should be using, I know what colour I want and I know why I'm using RGB colours. I just want ID to stop showing me that (edited) WaRNinG!(Image removed due to abusive remarks)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yuxiang26098578z6cz ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared in these similar discussions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/out-of-gamut-warning/m-p/9582968#M81972

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/out-of-gamut-warning/m-p/4071784#M13414

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know "why" there is a warning, and I know what that warning is for. I just want it to go away since I don't need that warning, and don't need CMYK. I just want to change ID's default colour space to RGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to change ID's default colour space to RGB

InDesign doesn’t have a document color space, you can mix RGB, Lab, and CMYK native colors on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm failing to see why this is an issue at all. It's a tiny flag telling most users in most design situations that the color could cause print or export problems.

I for one would hate to have any situation where it is not (appropriately) displayed.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I don't need to work in CMYK much if at all. I just want to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you use a fixed workspace layout and put a tiny piece of black tape over the icon.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and that tiny flag is just like one of those red notification dots you get on your phone. It drives me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you should take up meditation and learn to ignore little annoyances that you cannot change...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an out-of-gamut alert choose a different color. There is a technical-physical limitation. Not every color can be printed or represented with a specific color profile.

Cursing will not help you. Adobe is not guilty here. It is common sense and physics. If you never plan printing why do you bother the out of  gamut warning. Take care that the document color mode is RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take care that the document color mode is RGB.

InDesign doesn’t have a document color  mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meant document blending space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the Color Picker to make Swatches—it doesn’t have a gamut warning. Make sure your cursor is in one of the R,G,or B fields in order to get the Add RGB Swatch button.

Screen Shot 37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines