• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move position of page numbers?

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to move the position of page numbers slightly to sit closer to the margin on a document, but I can't figure out how to do it as they appear to be locked. Please help?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

I guess someone else set up the document for you or you are using a template. The page numbers are on a parent page. In the Pages panel at the top you will see all the parent pages for the documnet. Go there to edit objects and text on parent pages. Changes made there will appear on all pages that use that parent page.

You can also override individual instances of parent objects. Hold Command+Shift or Control+Shift as you click on an object while on a normal page. You will promote the parent o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess someone else set up the document for you or you are using a template. The page numbers are on a parent page. In the Pages panel at the top you will see all the parent pages for the documnet. Go there to edit objects and text on parent pages. Changes made there will appear on all pages that use that parent page.

You can also override individual instances of parent objects. Hold Command+Shift or Control+Shift as you click on an object while on a normal page. You will promote the parent object to be a normal object on the page you are editing. Now you can move, edit, or delete the object. This will not otherwise affect the parent page or any other pages in your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines