Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to order text box in a page

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

First of all, I admit that I am not an advanced user. I have an issue with a template that i need to use for work: in each page there are several textboxes and charts (chartwell font) in wich I need to ad endnotes on the last page of the document. Now, the problem is that textbox are "standalone", there are not linked and every textbox has an indipendent text. As the textbox inside the page were apparently not generated in tha reading order, i find the note 1 in the textbox at the end of the page and the note 5 in the textbox on the top pf the page. Is there any method to order the textboxes without linking them?

Thank you all!

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's based on the position of the frames on the page starting in the upper-left corner, going across, and then down. Linking them is probably the easiest way to control the order. You can just add a column break at the end of each frame which may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm! …"You can just add…"

I hope the op has just 1 page!  ðŸ˜‰

As often said, I love simplicity as something like this:

Before [look at the items order (layers) and the "endnotes" order!]:

Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 23.39.50.png

After [The endnotes order has changed! Nothing else!!]:

Capture d’écran 2021-06-01 à 23.40.15.png

By Script of course! So just 1 click!

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i saw you solved the problem, but I can't understand the way..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, this is the exact solution I need but I cant find an online download of the script in the top right of your screenshots. Would you please link me to how I could get hold of it? All other solutions say to use text threading but my document is more captioned based, the text has to be next to the relevant picture with all the sources at the end, therefore, linking all the text frames in the document is not really an option. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

the way to solve this without scripting is to Cut and to Paste In Place text frames with endnotes.

Select all frames but the one you would like to see the first endnote. Cut and Paste In Place.

Do this again: Select all frames but two frames, the ones you like to see endnote 1 and 2. Cut and Paste In Place. Repeat that until the order is the one you like to see.

Note: Do this spread by spread.

Alternatively:

Thread all text frames in the order you like to see the endnotes.

Before you do this make sure that the last character in every frame is a end of paragraph character.

You may also add one of the break special characters like Column Break or Frame Break.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines