• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to place all 3 pages of a file at once

Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, a little background on what I'm trying to do. I create book covers and often I have to create both a paperback and a hard cover, so the sizes of the files change slightly. 

Often, I want to place the first InDesign file into the 2nd one so that most of the work is already done for the 2nd file. 

When I create my covers, I have 3 pages side by side - back cover, spine, front cover. But when I go to place that file into the next file that also has 3 pages side by side, it only places the first page, which is the back cover. Even if I turn on place options and select the range or all, it still only places the back cover (page 1) And the next 2 pages are then loaded in the cursor, but often it has cropped (or added) parts of the back and front covers due to bleeds.

Is there a way to simply paste the whole cover as-is from one INDD file to another with one click?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create book covers regularly with InDesign you may find this plugin will save you a lot of time – it's excellent!

https://www.danrodney.com/scripts/makebookjacket.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I'll take a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines