Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove grey menu bar from an online interactive PDF

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a powerpoint presentation in InDesign. When I publish it online and make it full screen the grey menu bar appears OVER the presentation (around 59 px height) which cuts off some of the graphics (e.g. of a snippet below). I want this removed because it's distracting. If it can't be removed I'll have to change all my margins from from 55 px to 60px. Does anyone know how to remove this? The menu bar isn't really required in full screen as all you need are the keyboard arrows and clicks of the mouse to move through each animation and slide. 

Screenshot 2021-04-25 122621.jpg

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you haven't created a PowerPoint presentation - you created a presentation in InDesign

- which is not related to Microsoft Powerpoint. 

You have then used the Publish Online Feature from InDesign to view the document online via Adobes own reader. 

I don't see anyway to hide the navigation bar for the Publish Online. 

If it's just for yourself - you can view the online document. Right Click on the navigation bar - go to the Inspect command - and it will show you the code for the navigation bar. 

Right click the highlighted code and choose Hide Element. 

That only works for you on your computer - one time. 

There are Embed Options - and you can embed the Published Online document in your WebPage - if you have one.

A web developer might be able to use the function of Hide Element for the embeded object - but I don't know how to do that. 

However, you might be violating the terms of use - as there are functions for flagging abuse, and if these options are hidden - it could lead to issues if the content is abusive and easily reported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines