Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to select grouped objects for interactive mouseover function in indesign

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm relatively new with adobe programms and english isn't my first language, so I hope I can properly explain my problem.

What I want is to create an interactive pdf for a little project. In there I want a group of a rectangle, a line (no contour) and a little Icon to enlarge proportionally when the mouse hovers over it. When I want to do it with just one object, it works just fine. But when I want to select the whole group it only selcts one part of it.

Is there a way to select the whole group? I tried doing it by pressing control, but then everything got deselected.

I hope there is a way and that maybe someone can tell me about it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021
Hi defaultupe82xizdrfz, the solution is simple: The [Rollover] state of your button must contain the scaled elements. Starting from scratch: [1] Group all elements you want to see in the [Normal] state of your button. [2] Create a new button from the group selected using the Buttons and Forms panel. There is a "Convert To Button" button at the bottom of the panel. [3] Click into the [Rollover] state of your button. That will duplicate all contents from the [Normal] state. [4] Select the [Rollo...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultupe82xizdrfz,

the solution is simple:

The [Rollover] state of your button must contain the scaled elements.

Starting from scratch:

[1] Group all elements you want to see in the [Normal] state of your button.

[2] Create a new button from the group selected using the Buttons and Forms panel.

There is a "Convert To Button" button at the bottom of the panel.

[3] Click into the [Rollover] state of your button.

That will duplicate all contents from the [Normal] state.

[4] Select the [Rollover] state itself and not the button: use keys Shift + Esc

[5] Scale the selected contents.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi and thank you,

I tried it and it worked as I wanted it to. You really helped me out.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines