• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Select Multiple Objects Within Frame All at Once By Clicking and Dragging?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create a selection of multiple objects within a frame? Whenever I try to select and drag, it just selects the entire frame, as opposed to the frames and objects within the frame. This poses a challenge when creating a form within a table that you need to edit the field properties all at once. Is the only solution to just click and ctrl+shift each object or edit each field manually? As an aside, ctrl+shift does not allow me to select multiple cells within a table that I've converted to graphic cells and then changed to a field (all of which are the same type!).

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

I'm just now finishing a massive file-re-engineering project for a client of mine, with a very large number of form fields, and lots of form fields anchored in cells of tables that are themselves inside of other tables. It's been a bit of a slog, to be honest. Are you actually working with interactive form fields, here? If so, there is no way to multi-select them. Their properties can be altered via scripting, but you can't grab more than one at a time with the Selection tool. 

Or do you mean

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now finishing a massive file-re-engineering project for a client of mine, with a very large number of form fields, and lots of form fields anchored in cells of tables that are themselves inside of other tables. It's been a bit of a slog, to be honest. Are you actually working with interactive form fields, here? If so, there is no way to multi-select them. Their properties can be altered via scripting, but you can't grab more than one at a time with the Selection tool. 

Or do you mean you are working on a print form, and you need to edit multiple table cells? You can kinda multi-select them, if they are all contiguous, but even then it can be dicey to actually select all of the fill-in-the-blank cells of a hardcopy form made with a table that is not very simple in structure. In those cases I find it a great deal easier to create a Cell Style (Window -> Styles -> Cell Styles) with the properties I need to set in the fill-in cells, and then apply that style.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the confirmation! Yes, I was working with interactive form fields. I appreciate the advice on editing their properties via scripting! I will try that approach. I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines