• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to solve Random Text appearing when placing text in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When placing a word document in InDesign random text is apperaing between the actual text which I want to place. This text does not appear in the Word Doc, and I can't figure out the problem. When I realise this is happening, I can simply delete the extra text in InDesign, however when working with a really long document it is not practical to this manually. Please see attached images for reference (the random text appearing on indesign is marked in pink)

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

I've seen this indeed with Track changes (as Bob also suggested), but try see if saving it as .docx or a .doc makes a difference (that worked for me in some cases). As last resort you could try saving it as .rtf.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Word file and accept all changes. Save and then place the file in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried this, and the problem remains 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that this has to do with tracked changes in Word.

If that is the case, then accepting the changes within Word will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried accepting them and the placing the word doc again, and I still get the same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing a Save AS in Word after accepting the changes and place that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have saved as .doc instead of .docx and it worked, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this indeed with Track changes (as Bob also suggested), but try see if saving it as .docx or a .doc makes a difference (that worked for me in some cases). As last resort you could try saving it as .rtf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 🙂 I have saved as .doc instead of docx, and it has worked fine. I have realised that it must be some problem with referencing from the Word doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines