• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to solve this problem: the "right click > > edit script" in the indeisgn script window is invali

Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to solve this problem: the "right click > > edit script" in the indeisgn script window is invalid

Extendscript toolkit seems to correspond to a specific InDesign version. You can't modify the ID script. Can you open it with other software?

Because there was no response after I clicked "edit script".

How to set it?

It seems that adobe abandoned the extendscript toolkit?

Where can I download the latest extendscript toolkit?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

What is your OS? Version of InDesign?

When I try in InDesign version 17 on Windows 10 Extendscipt Toolkit version 4.0.0.1 opens as you would expect.

It appears to  be a 32 bit application, and installed with a previous version of InDesign and is apparently no longer supported by Adobe.

I found the following link which you might find helpful: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/how-to-install-extend-script-toolkit-cc/td-p/11181537

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

You can open it with any plain text editor. VS Code has an Extendscript Debugger plugin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS? Version of InDesign?

When I try in InDesign version 17 on Windows 10 Extendscipt Toolkit version 4.0.0.1 opens as you would expect.

It appears to  be a 32 bit application, and installed with a previous version of InDesign and is apparently no longer supported by Adobe.

I found the following link which you might find helpful: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/how-to-install-extend-script-toolkit-cc/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open it with any plain text editor. VS Code has an Extendscript Debugger plugin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I found that the extendscript debugger plugin works in vs code.

Right click and the menu is at the bottom.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines