• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How would you create several frames shaped like this?

Participant ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create several frames I could fill with images. This is the design I wish to create:

Frames.png
So 10 unique spaces for different imagery in this sort of arrangement. How can I create frames like these to drop imagery into in InDesign?
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create a grid with ruler lines, and using the pathfinder tool you start drawing your shapes and infuse or extract. Do you know how to use the pathfinder tool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3psfXFUujc

Cheers

jonayhan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find it easier and quicker to create more complicated and unique shapes like these in Illustrator, then copy-and-pasting the resulting shapes into InDesign, which then can be used as graphic frames for whatever images you want to place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines