• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge flaw in 'Share for Review' workflow

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As great and important the 'Share for Review' function is, as huge is the problem when you in Indesign checks off comments as 'Resolve' - they get removed from the online pdf for the reviewer in real time.

It's a problem because while only the comment disappears the corrected pdf only gets updated when you do it manually (and that should stay that way). But almost everytime I have send something to review and I begin 'resolve' the comments. they appear again from a second or a third reviewer because they still see the uncorrected pdf and no pins with comments because I have marked them as 'Resolved' in Indesign. 

Solution : Don't remove resolved comments from the pdf until the pdf is manually updated.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why PDF Comments is superior, at the moment, to Share for Review. Read all about the strengths and weaknesses in a whitepaper available on: https://trainingonsite.com/useful-resources/indesign-2022-resources.html

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. I'm not sure what you mean by PDF Comments is superior? If you mean the process of eporting and sending a pdf for proof by mail to every proof reader involved and having them using Acrobat to put comments in and sending the pdfs back to me, then I disagree 🙂 But that can't be what you mean, right? :-).

Share for review completely changed my workflow with big and small clients and made it extremely easy to read comments directly in the open job in Indesign if you look away from my original post about optimizing the "Share for review" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines