• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink button not destination not going to correct zoom level in PDF.

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use buttons for navigation with a 'Go to Destination' option. No matter what zoom level I designate the destination page opens at 100% in the exported PDF. If I use a regular hyperlink with the destination it works perfectly but I need the feed back so would prefer buttons with rollovers. Setting the zoom in both the Hyperlink Destination Options and the button to the same options but no options make any difference. Any ideas. 
Cheers
Dave
Windows 10 
Indesign 17.0 x64

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

will it work if you define the button's action with Acrobat Pro DC?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Unfortunately not. It seems button links don't appear at all when trying to edit within Acrobat Pro unlike regular links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Flash is obsolete some features in Interactive PDFs have changed – you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state objects (MSO) don’t work at all in Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek,

My other buttons (with a Roll Over state) that go to in this case the home page, work perfectly on my machine. The problematic button works correctly with the exception of the page zoom. Guess that really means it doesn't work? 🙂
No - I haven't checked other platforms but I can see where keeping it simple might be the best advice. Frustrating that the option exists if it doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines