• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink to TOC on Master Page needs to be accessible in pdf

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an icon on the master page of a 100-page InDesign 2020 document that hyperlinks to the TOC (page 1). The hyperlink works as a pdf, but my pdf needs to pass the accessility checker. What's the proper way to do this? I've made the icon an artifact, but the first image on the page gets nested with the link tag. My only work around is to go into Acrobat and pull every one of the images out of the nested tag. I'd prefer to have it fixed in InDesign. I'm new to accessibility, but have done much research and don't seem to find an answer. Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Items on Master Pages are automatically artifacted when exported to an accessible PDF. When that object is hyperlinked, it creates a link that is not attached to anything in the PDF which produces problem. Essentially, you need to override that object on the page(s) that you the object to appear on. If it's a 100 page document, and you want it to appear on every page, you'll need to do it on each page. You can also turn off the "allow master item overrides" option on elements on the master that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

I changed Object Export Options to "Based on Object" and deleted the Alt-text from the hyperlink menu (but left Alt-text in the Object Export Options menu) and it worked!! Wahoo!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Items on Master Pages are automatically artifacted when exported to an accessible PDF. When that object is hyperlinked, it creates a link that is not attached to anything in the PDF which produces problem. Essentially, you need to override that object on the page(s) that you the object to appear on. If it's a 100 page document, and you want it to appear on every page, you'll need to do it on each page. You can also turn off the "allow master item overrides" option on elements on the master that you don't want overridden, then use the override all master page items command to potentially make it a little quicker. Having not seen your document it's tough to say which would be better. But bottom line, you need those items to appear on each page. That should solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've unlocked the icon from the master page on the first several pages and no longer identified it as an artifact. (I also turned off "allow master item overrides" on all master page elements except for the icon). And I still get "Nested alternate text - Failed". Under Object Export Options the Tagged PDF, Apply Tag is "From Structure". In the PDF the <Figure> and the Link - OBJR are now under the same <Link>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed Object Export Options to "Based on Object" and deleted the Alt-text from the hyperlink menu (but left Alt-text in the Object Export Options menu) and it worked!! Wahoo!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sorry to bother, but I have a similar issue. I have a menu that is hyperlinked to the document in my Parent (Master) Page. So the user would always be able to go to the section it wants. I also added bookmarks for accessibility reasons, so I wanted the hyperlink to be artifacted on the pdf.

Used the paragraph styles to export as Artefact, made sure to click Artefact on the text boxes as well on the Exporting Options. I tried following the instructions, however whenever I proceed with the Accessibility Check, the "Tagged Annotations Failed" showed up. I searched but I only found a manual solution. Is there an easier way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you artifact the hyperlink text, the link itself (the 'annotation') is still present in the pdf, but it can find nothing in the tags to relate it to, hence the failed annotations message.You have to search for those and tag them in Acrobat (find untagged annotations).

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/How-I-fix-Tagged-Annotations-fail-error-accessibility-links-q228128...

see also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-accessibility-quot-tagged-annotations-fai...

Maybe this can be scripted, don't know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frans! Thank you, I changed the paragraph styles and the Export Options, it still shows the Tag Annotations Failed. Woud you have a step by step recommendation to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh sorry I didn't see that you posted the links, yes when I searched I found them both. The manually worked, but the document has around 200 pages so I was searching for maybe something easier. Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines