• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks cause Indesign CC2019 to crash

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Indesign file I created a few months ago that has a table of contents text box in the front. The table of contents uses hyperlinks so the user can click and go to the particular page in the document. I am updating this file with new content/pages, but when I highlight a page to change its hyperlink it causes Indesign to Crash.

Also if I try to copy the entire text box that contains the hyperlinks it crashes Indesign as well.

I did a search and there seemed to be a fix for this for Indesign CC2017. There was a plug-in to download and install. Unfortunately that plug-in is CC2017 specific, so it won't help me. I need to get this project done - but I cant get the table of contents corrected unless I have a fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Try exporting the document as an IDML and then opening that file in your current version of InDesign. Creating an IDML like this can sometimes clean up corruption that may be within the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting the document as an IDML and then opening that file in your current version of InDesign. Creating an IDML like this can sometimes clean up corruption that may be within the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That worked like a charm. Giving you a huge digital hug man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem and saving it like IDML its not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ana26081620m2n9 ,

this thread is nearly 4 years old and the version of InDesign back then was CC 2017 2019*.

Best create a new thread and share more information.

Exact InDesign version, operating system, operating system version.

Also provide a sample document where you see the issue.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

EDITED: The version was InDesign 2019 from the year 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines